Friday, January 28, 2011

Whats for dinner?

It never fails that I can cook a meal thats takes hours to prepare and the only reaction I still get from my kids is the same as when they were young. Mom whats wrong are you upset?  Where did you get that recipe and are you sure got the correct items? Mom why not just pizza?  Then I can prepare a meal that can take 30 mins and then my three are saying wow mom this taste great why don't you cook like this all the time.  The nice thing I here is mom thank you dinner was amazing.  Then its got to go now I'll be home later and mom do you have a few bucks.  The weekend is now upon us now my youngest is asking mom what plans do you have for the weekend I need to use the car.  Not funny but lets see today I went to the grocery store , paid some bills, chatted with some friends, parents came over for dinner, my oldest daughter had a crises I was the shoulder that she needed. My other two shared there day .  All this happened today and completed at or day over at 10:30 pm. Then its Margi time with a nice glass of wine to just relaxes.  The funny thing is I never got to share my day or let them know that for three days I have had lunch for free.  Go figure but what to cook again thats only 30 min to prepare who knows but last night was waffle night and my waffles were bad very bad. 

Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 28, 2011 at 12:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Margie,
You are a good mother, being there for your kids when they are in need. It seems as if they feel comfortable enough to talk to you about most anything, which is rare in most cases. It's good to see the good ol' fashioned "tv" family moments are still alive, such as dinner at the table occasionally and sharing with each other how their days went. I'm sure your kids appreciate how much time and effort you take when you do, whether it's 30 min or 2 hours, it just slips their mind sometimes to tell you how happy you make them. But I'm sure every now and then you get a big hug and they let you know they love you and appreciate every little thing you do! They don't forget those things.

 
At January 28, 2011 at 1:16 AM , Blogger The Extra Ordinary Bree said...

Welcome to the blogosphere Margi! Glad to have ya!

I remember being a teenager and behaving as if the world revolved around me. I took my mom and all she did for us for granted. I was angry with her for all the things she didn't do instead. Then I moved out. Got married and had babies of my own and my mom is like a different person to me now.

I'm sure you don't want to think about Dana and Kimmy... married with babies but do you realize how lucky you are that you are so close to that kind of a relationship with your girls?

It won't be long before they need you not your money, food or services but you, your conversation, your company. And they'll appreciate all you do and have ever done because they're struggling to do it with their own.

 
At January 28, 2011 at 6:35 PM , Blogger margi said...

thank you guys .. but fyi my kids know that I cant be a grandma until I'm 52.. But now I can be an aunt for now. LOL.. Yep and by that time i hope to be a much better cook. I made spinach soup but how i prepared it made you wonder if i could follow a recipe.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home