Thursday, February 17, 2011

old friends what an amazing gift

Odd how time can go by or years 15 years then next thing you know you see person who catches your eye at the store.  That persons face will stay with you then 5 months later you see that same face then wow you remember the face because of the smile.  You say there name they stop you say your name and then for that second all memories come as a flash that entire year or years that you guys were friends. That happened to me her name is Jackie we met when we were in our mid twenties her son on flag football as well as my son Randall. first practice we were friends just like that we hung out our kids did also.  for an entire year cook outs, birthday parties, holidays, church it was great the best moments.  Then you think it wont happen because you did everything together it stops in our case my family moved and then our friendship ended .  But i can say having her in my life at 26 was a great time seeing her again i can recall happy times when we laughed and at the park with our kids they would play and we would talk about everything.  Here we were at the gym she saying the same thing both kids in college divorced and 15 years later we still have things in common. Two kids going to college in Oklahoma her youngest in college in Texas.  My oldest working  living in Texas.. My youngest in high school and I'm divorced.  We still laughed and I still see her as that girl who was 26 from up north that had come to Texas raised her family and it was OK to think out side the box.  She showed me how to use a grill and grill burgers at my sons birthday party when he was five.  We said we would stay in touch I hope we do.  I like that people come in our life at times when we are young and then leave years later they are back and its like they were never gone.  I can say since my divorce My friends that i had as a girl are now back in my life it feels wonderful knowing that there in my life again.  That now we talk and hang out and are back in each others lives.  I have had many changes in my life but I'm so glad to that my old friends are back in my life with my new friends.  FYI the count down to 43 started but with my old friends it does feel as if we stay the same age for just a sec.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home