Thursday, May 24, 2012

graduation 2012

Where to begin June 01 2012 my youngest daughter is graduating from high school. The youngest of my three kids. She mentioned that this was the last Thursday she would be in high school.  The smile on her face was priceless.  I was sad because I can recall my other 2 kids saying the same thing mom guess what today is .  The same answer what's today and all three kids said the same thing my last Thursday of high school.  The same reaction of wow I'm proud and inside saying wait slow down lets just enjoy the day.
when she walks across the stage and seeing her smile being very proud of my daughter. Knowing that this chapter with her is over.  A New chapter begins college and the new ventures of her life as freshman in college.  I'm glad I can say I'm a veteran as a parent having a college kid as a freshman.  I'm prepared and nothing I hope shall surprise me this time around because I hear the third time is a charm.  She is an amazing young woman with a great heart, determination, and her own voice, I can say she feels good in her own skin at times. Which scares me to death because she is about to encounter her freedom of the world away from home and the new people she shall meet .  Meeting new people and making new friends with no curfew. Then when she writes her first paper and spends hours only to make a C and told not enough passion with the frustration of that feeling that her professor wants more from her .  When she gets to her dorm from a party and its 2 am she still has to write a paper and study.. Then she calls me to say she loves me and wants to hear my voice.  It sounds like I need to get my sleep and rest. I still have one in college who still calls me late at night i should say the wee hours in morning and now my freshman college student this fall.  Grrr I shall be  needing some bot ox asap this fall shall be a challenge. With many happy tears as she walks across the stage.  I'll  be in deep thought asking god hey can we just do senior year one  more time .  Because you see I'm still catching up on my sleep from her being a senior.
Being a parent is priceless you have every high and every low with every sound of laughter and tears.  But the joy and feeling thats embedded in my heart is a true blessing. I'm proud to say I'm a mom a parent and I have been on many ventures with my three kids. Now adult hood I hear that is more of the same. So I was 21 when I became a mom so who needs sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home